Alex Baranowski is a composer based in London.
Recently he scored Ruth Wilson and Jude Law produced True Things (The Bureau / BBC Films) directed by Harry Wootliff, which recently won Best Original Score at Les Arcs Film Festival (released March 2022); as well as two series of hit BBC One comedy Staged staring David Tennant and Michael Sheen; and BAFTA nominated The Windermere Children for Wall to Wall / Warner Brothers (with a soundtrack released by Sony Classics). Upcoming feature releases include A Gaza Weekend for Film 4/BFI directed by Oscar nominated Basil Khalil, and Burial, a WWII Drama for Altitude.
He notably recently collaborated with Oscar winning Taika Waititi for The Letter, a two and a half minute film for Coca Cola Christmas.
He was previously nominated for a Tony Award for Martin McDonagh’s The Cripple of Inishmaan on Broadway; won Music + Sound Awards including Best Feature Film for McCullin (also nominated for two BAFTA’s) and his ballet adaption of 1984 for Northern Ballet won the South Bank Award for dance after a sold out run at Sadler’s Wells.
Other recent film projects include A Christmas Carol staring Carey Mulligan and Andy Serkis and Nureyev, multi acclaimed feature documentary released in cinemas by Universal Pictures.
Alex has also collaborated with musicians including The xx (with the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra and live at the Hollywood Bowl), Jungle, Underworld, Peter Hook (Joy Division) and virtuoso violinists Daniel Hope and Angéle Dubeau.
He was recently nominated as Breakthrough Composer of the Year from the International Film Music Critics Association, and is presently completing his first album.
Alex Baranowski | Music Showreel
- A New Beginning [from THE WINDERMERE CHILDREN] Alex Baranowski 3:10
- Musica Universalis [from the Deutsche Grammophon album SPHERES] Alex Baranowski 2:36
- The Cookie Jar [from STAGED] Alex Baranowski 2:55
- Thoughts Of Home [from THE WINDERMERE CHILDREN] Alex Baranowski 1:12
- Immortal, Universal [from NUREYEV] Alex Baranowski 4:33
- Constellations [single released with Deutsche Grammophon] Alex Baranowski 3:10
- Elysian Fields [from A Streetcar Named Desire] Alex Baranowski 4:08
- Ochi Chernye [BBC World Cup Theme] Alex Baranowski 1:01
- Escape To The Woods [from THE WINDERMERE CHILDREN] Alex Baranowski 1:17
- England Is Very Green [from THE WINDERMERE CHILDREN] Alex Baranowski 1:11
- Margot [from NUREYEV] Alex Baranowski 3:23
- Politics [from NUREYEV] Alex Baranowski 2:25
- Opening, Darkroom [from McCULLIN] Alex Baranowski 3:14