Alex Baranowski is a composer based in London.
Recently he scored The Windermere Children for Wall to Wall / Warner Brothers (with a soundtrack released by Sony Classics); he was previously nominated for a Tony Award for Martin McDonagh’s The Cripple of Inishmaan on Broadway; won Music + Sound Awards including Best Feature Film for McCullin (also nominated for two BAFTA’s) and his ballet adaption of 1984 for Northern Ballet won the South Bank Award for dance after a sold out run at Sadler’s Wells.
Collaborations with directors include Danny Boyle, Wes Anderson, Sir Nicholas Hytner, Rupert Goold, Benedict Andrews, Michael Grandage, Jacqui Morris and Michael Sammuels.
Other recent film projects include A Christmas Carol staring Carey Mulligan and Andy Serkis (in cinemas late 2020) and Nureyev, multi acclaimed feature documentary released in cinemas by Universal Pictures.
Alex has also collaborated with musicians including The xx (with the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra and live at the Hollywood Bowl), Jungle, Underworld, Peter Hook (Joy Division) and virtuoso violinists Daniel Hope and Angéle Dubeau.
He is presently completing his first album.
Alex Baranowski | Music Showreel
- A New Beginning [from THE WINDERMERE CHILDREN] Alex Baranowski 3:10
- Musica Universalis [from the Deutsche Grammophon album SPHERES] Alex Baranowski 2:36
- Thoughts Of Home [from THE WINDERMERE CHILDREN] Alex Baranowski 1:12
- Immortal, Universal [from NUREYEV] Alex Baranowski 4:33
- Constellations [single released with Deutsche Grammophon] Alex Baranowski 3:10
- Elysian Fields [from A Streetcar Named Desire] Alex Baranowski 4:08
- Ochi Chernye [BBC World Cup Theme] Alex Baranowski 1:01
- Escape To The Woods [from THE WINDERMERE CHILDREN] Alex Baranowski 1:17
- England Is Very Green [from THE WINDERMERE CHILDREN] Alex Baranowski 1:11
- Margot [from NUREYEV] Alex Baranowski 3:23
- Politics [from NUREYEV] Alex Baranowski 2:25
- Opening, Darkroom [from McCULLIN] Alex Baranowski 3:14